Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's pronounced "Nine"




The shirt says "TRI-ATHLETE [AT LEAST I TRIED]" As my many participation trophies would tell you, this shirt is no exaggeration. In this picture I'm getting hit by a baseball in the face (yes that's my face) and it's not an entirely rare thing for me either. That's because I've always been one to participate in as many sports as I could. From the time in elementary school when I was home base to the time in middle school when I was the dart board, I've loved being involved in sports. My family was always good at encouraging me in sports too. My uncle Fredamyer used to tell me that if I worked real hard and kept my grades down, I'd be able to hold people's golf tee's in my mouth while they tee off. He always had higher hopes for me than I did. I just wanted to be a light bulb changer for score boards. Well, that or a professional cow slapper. Those were just unreached goals though. My uncle Fredamyer was the best example of setting goals and not reaching them. He had the goal once to be on the Fear Factor moving picture box show, and for his audition tape he was trying to eat as many roaches as he could in a minute. The only problem was that most of those roaches were C and D batteries. He did die from that but don't worry... we got the batteries back after the funeral.

No comments: