Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thwirty Nine

Wondering where I learned my super speed from? I don't. It's just one of those things you just know. Like how you just know the sky is blue, or how mazes are actually solvable, or how slapping a horse in the face does not make them more friendly. The same is true even if you called the horse a few four letter words (like fish, cool, or rock). Those are facts of life that don't just change no matter how much you know about them. To better illustrate my point, there was a time when I had butter knives and a toaster. I had always heard that sticking a knife in a toaster, while it's plugged in, is bad. So I figured that meant at least two were required for it to be a good thing. Four knives in the toaster later I plugged it in and received a shock. I realized, all of a sudden, that I had forgotten to lock my car and went out to lock it before grabbing the knives. My blind uncle was not so lucky. He always had curious hands and while I was gone, he accidentally grabbed the knives. Now I know that asking the blind man to watch my toaster is a bad thing. I don't remember where I was going with it but I'm pretty sure we just arrived!

No comments: