Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Turty




I chose the road less traveled and now where the heck am I? Apparently I'm still on a road. My mom used to tell me I'd grow out of standing in the road, but how can that be if there are so many wide roads out there?
I'm reminded of the story I once herd involving cows that wore leather chaps (Oddly enough the leather chaps had "Eat More Chicken" embroidered in them). These cows were against all forms of using animals to fly. They would have rallys to discourage inflating elephants with helium. They would hold protests out in front of several capitals with signs that said "Reindeer are not slaves!" The most effective thing they ever did, however, was to charge a military base that was using chimps as plane mechanics. Of course the cows didn't live after charging heavily armed soldiers, but it was successful in the sense that all the men on the military base ate good that night. Gotta look at the positive side of everything. You would have thought, as the cows were charging, that one of the cows would say something like "Fellow cows, I don't think this is a good idea. We probably should have got the bulls to charge first." Of course, one of the other cows would have spoken up and said, "Girl you're all sorts a crazy thinking we have to get the guys to do the dirty work for us." Then came the shooting and as the cows laid dying on the ground, guaranteed the first cow was like "Told ya so!"

*Please note that I do not think cruelty to cows is funny, BUT these cows were asking for it. The soldiers shot out of self defense. The cows could and should have filed a complaint with the military, made a website and/or been interviewed on the news to get their point across better.

No comments: